Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Raggedy Ann Halloween

Jim and I had been discussing what Abby should be for her very first Halloween -- with her beautiful red hair, the fun possibilities are endless. We considered Pebbles for a long time, but finally decided on Raggedy Ann. . . . how adorable is that!!! Especially because she is doll-sized. I enlisted my mom to help make the costume, and we actually used a doll pattern to make the clothes, lol. Some of my best memories as a child are around Halloween time. My mom would always take me to the fabric store to pick out a pattern and the fabric for my costume; after which time, she lovingly spent hours sewing it for me. It was really important to continue the tradition with Abby, and even more special that my mom did was able to make Abby's costume with me. :) I loved every minute of it. And it makes a wonderful keepsake!

So here it is: the cutest costume in the whole world on the most beautiful baby in the universe!


Ok, at this point (above) she was super tired and overwhelmed. If she could talk she would have said, "Mommy, can you PLEEEEEEEEEEASE stop taking my picture now!?!?!!"

Jim and I were Hawaiian tourists for Halloween. HA!











No comments: