Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back to Blogging -- November recap

Ok, so I shamefully have not blogged, for real in almost 3 months!!!  This is no doubt a reflection of holiday craziness, as the same exact phenomenon occured last year, but this year was exaverbated by extreme work load that I let get the best of me for awhile -- but I am determined to get it back under control now.

Moving on.

Abby has changed soooo much in the last few months! Starting where I left off back in October, November brought about so much excitement. 

1) ALPHABET!!!  My amazing child loves to learn (her mama said proudly), and by November learned every letter.  And by that, I don't mean that she learned to sing her ABCs.  Rather, she could recognize each letter of the alphabet.  I first discovered this while watching Super Why with her -- one day she proudly starting shouting out the letters as the popped up on screen.  I couldn't believe it!  To this day, doing her letters is her favorite pasttime (especially when she needs to be entertained at restaurants).  I'm sure a portion of my amazement stems from the fact that I'm a proud mother, but goodness!  Knowing her letters at 20 months!  (P.S. December Sneak Peek: she learned almost all her lower case letters at 21 months!) 

2) November also brought about dress up and SHOES -- glorious SHOES!!! :)  When Mommy decided to treat herself to a fabulous new pair of shoes in November, she quickly learned her closet was no longer hers.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

(Sneak peak on February: Jim had a study group at the house the other day and Abby disappeared into my room only to emerge with these shoes on and her sparkly pink purse in hand. She proudly displayed her accessories by strutting directly into the all-male study group. She dressed herself up just for them!!! Double ahhhhhhhhhhhh!)


2B) I'm going to have to also include the best tutu of all time in the dress up photos section :)  These pictures were taken on Thanksgiving as she was playing in G&G's (Grandma/Grandpa's) backyard, and I just loooooooooove that tutu! 





3) PUMPKIN PIE.

When I say that my child loves pumpkin pie, it is an extreme understatement!!!! Jim bought a Costco pumpkin pie early in November this year, at which time, Abby discovered the joy that is that delicious dessert.  She lovingly would murmur "pie" as she shared a piece with Daddy.  Well, you can imagine her excitement at my birthday dinner this year when she heard pie was being served.  She shrieked out, "PIE!!!!!" and ran after Grandma into the kitchen, bouncing up and down, eagerly awaiting a bite. Still without a taste, she then followed the first plate of pie directly to me and climbed onto my lap before I even had a chance to pick up the fork. When the highly anticipated piece of deliciousness did finally make it's way into her mouth, the utter disappointment on her face was heartbreaking as she moaned, "Piiiie" in the most pathetic voice you have ever heard.  It was lemon merengue pie, after all.  (My favorite, obviously not Abby's.)  So hilarious (I mean, sad!)  As you can imagine, in the face of such anguish, she DESPISED the lemon merengue.  Poor child! But she certainly made up for it all through November and December -- and particularly on Thanksgiving.


She devoured the whole piece -- the ENTIRE piece!!!!

Stay tuned for December!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abby is so freakin' adorable!!. Her shocking red hair is amazing, what a blessing to have such a wonderful, intelligent, beautiful, funny, sassy and loving child.