Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Strolling Through Pike's Place






The one thing I REALLY wanted to see in Seattle was the place where they throw the fish. Does everyone know what I'm talking about???? I had seen the fish throwing mongers on TV and in silly management classes before, and really wanted to see what it was all about. So, on day 2 in Seattle the four of us went down to famed Pike's Place for satisfy my fish curiosity (this was also the day that in the infamous Seattle rain hit . . . and we San Diegans were totally unprepared .. . . even if it was just a drizzle!). Unfortunately, the crowds were rather unbearable and I didn't get a chance to really take it all in, but I did see one fish toss before closterphobia set in. Oh well. But at least I saw it! The rest of Pike's Place was awesome and reminded me of living in Europe. The entire street was full of locally grown produce, fresh caught fish, newly clipped flowers, and a TON of local artisans and craftsmen. It was great! We even got Abby our favorite souvenir: a hand-painted "Baby Crab" onesie (get it --Crabby Abby!).
All in all, the bustle and colors of Pike's Place were exhilirating -- so much so that, once again, I couldn't stop taking pictures. Besides the rain, the only thing that dampened the mood was a major spit-up attack from Abby (haha -- did you catch that pun?). Okay, it's late, and I'm getting silly . . . moving on!

No comments: